In This Episode You Will Learn:
- The origin of Trent’s theme “fight.”
- That people go to extremes in how they view fighting for their health.
- The vicious cycle many go through in setting the standards too high.
- The irony of how we adversely affect our health by bringing on chronic stress of worrying about it all the time.
- That there are emotional hangups at the root of this extreme behavior.
- About the Heart Principle.
- What deep breathing can actually do for you.
- That so many people have a limited view of what health really is.
- That health is about so much more than “weight loss.”
- That elements beyond food, like lack of quality sleep, chronic stress, taking pharmaceuticals, and keeping toxic company, are harming people’s health.
- That your genes do not prescribe a disease for your life.
- Some fighting strategies to help you have a balanced view in fighting for your health.
Books (Affiliate Links):
- Switch on Your Brain by Dr. Caroline Leaf
- Feelings Buried Alive Never Die by Karol K. Truman
- The Aroma Freedom Technique by Dr. Benjamin Perkus
- Sleep Smarter by Shawn Stevenson
- Master Your Health and Become 20 Pounds Younger with Michele Promaulayko
- Quote from Kale and Coffee by Kevin Gianni
- Institute of Transformational Nutrition
- 5 Reasons Why We Should Practice Deep Breathing
- Life Event, Stress and Illness in The Malaysian Journal of Medical Sciences
- Episode 85: Thinking About Food and Joy
- Episode 74: Viewing Health Through The Lens of Our Design
Subscribe to the show on iTunes here.
Let’s continue the discussion. Please comment below.